Dim sum is the name for a Chinese cuisine which involves a wide range of light dishes served alongside Chinese Tea. Dishes may include meat seafood and vegetables. The items are usually served in a small steamer basket or on a small plate. Currently Dim Sums are very popular in HONG KONG.
Most of the Chinese Malaysian know "Yum Cha" (literally "tea drinking") is the term used to describe the dining session, especially in contemporary Cantonese.
Yesterday, I went back to hometown, JB. This morning, I had my Dim Sum as my breakfast, and Yum Cha which I really loves it so much. There are also many Dim Sum's Restaurant out there, but for convenient, I went to the nearest Dim Sum's Restaurant and also the best Dim Sum in my living district.
So, today I will briefly introduce a fews type of dishes in Dim Sum.
Main Dishes in DIM SUM

Har Gow / Shrimp Dumplings one of my favourite and some kind of seafood dumplings. A delicate steamed dumpling with whole or chopped-up shrimp filling and thin wheat starch skin.

Char Siu Bao, a must dish in Dim Sum. the most popular bun with a Cantonese barbecued pork filling. Most of the Chinese people will like it, as is like bread in our daily bread. I usually take Bao during in the morning, if I go to Chinese rastaurant, because most of it they sell Char Siu Bao.

Chee Cheong Fun, these are wide rice noodles that are steamed and then rolled. They are often filled with Char Siew(barbecued pork) or shrimp inside but can also be served without any filling. They are steamed and sprinkle with some sesame seed. I can eat until 2 plate... no doubt, very delicious ! Good enough to fill your stomach until full, if other Dim Sum cannot satisfy your hunger.

Potsticker, or Guo Tie(锅贴, literally "pot stick"), steamed and pan frying before served. Usually with meat and cabbage filling. Although this is not a traditional Cantonese Dim Sum, origin from Northern China, but I like this Dim Sum very much.

Tofu Prawn, Japan Tofu with shrimp on top of it. Simple but utterly delicious.

Sweet sour toufu skin roll, fill with mince pork. Appetizing.

Shao Mai(siew mai in Cantonese) on left, Fishball on bottom, and shrimp dumpling with cabbage filling on top. Yummy !
If anyone wanted to find the Restaurant, just simply email me. I will tell you the exact location, don't forget ! Is located in Johor Bahru, Nusajaya area.

2 Comments:
where is it?
i wanna noe leh...
so i can go try when i go back too
Where is it??
it looks delicious...
maybe can go try it during weekends..
Post a Comment