Thinking how to spend your weekend? How about a movie? I watched a movie on Saturday at Pavilion GSC.
Brendan Fraser returns as explorer Rick O'Connell for an all-new adventure in "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor".
Just looking at the poster, it remind you the first "The Mummy" released in 1999. There hardly I can say in this movie, except that I was cheered by nearly every minute of it. The CGI effect is stunning. Especially the battle scenes.
The Movie Effects
The visual effects were done by two Los Angeles-based VFX houses. Rhythems and Hues designed the yetis and dragons, while Digital Domain will handle the battle scenes with Jet Li's terracotta warriors. The pool of water resembling diamonds took Rhythm and Hues 11 months to complete. OMG, that freaking long time.
The award winning A.I software MASSIVE which was used on Lord of the Rings will be used to create the undead battle scenes.
Source: Wikipedia
I try to summarize the whole plot...
The emperor by Jet Li has awakened and unleashes his army of 10,000 slumbering warriors to feed his ambition to conquer the world, which is going to take more than 10,000 spear carriers, To counter him, the sleeping slave skeletons are awakened by the sorceress(Zi Juan) by Michelle Yeoh and are sort of funny; one misplaces his head and screws it back on. The battle between these two sides is won by the side with the fewest missing heads.
At the end, Rick O'Connell kill hthe emperor by using a dagger by stab it directly to the heart.
Overall this movie is quite similar to "Indiana Jones" which have some funny twist inside
Although I haven't watch the previous "The Mummy" movie, I bet this is the best in the series, and from the looks of it, the most expensive.
VERDICT:
Anyone in the market for an overblown and totally mindless adventure-comedy will certainly get his money's worth. =D

Rick O'Connell

The Emperor Han by Jet Li

Rick O'Connell's Wife, Evelyn by Maria Bello

Rick O'Connell's son, Alex

Zi Juan by Michelle Yeoh

Lin, by Isabella Leong

Fighting scene between Rick O'Connell and The Emperor

The Tomb, full of terracotta~
BoSS Signing Off~


1 Comment:
lolz...guess my post is super long compared to urs...XD
seriously nice movie
Post a Comment